Monday, June 12, 2017

                                          Comedy is Tragedy Plus Time
                                     by Robert Liang

I found myself lost in time during a cool summer’s noon.
Held in an unfamiliar desert surrounded by vibrating air.
Thirst burst in my throat without patience
and my eyes are filled with this scorching heat.
Yet all of a sudden,
the heat vanished and left me with darkness.
When I regain my consciousness,
the dust transforms into glory and lead me
to the golden pyramids and the formidable Pharaoh,
that used belongs to an ancient civilization.
There I witnessed the most gruesome murder of Tutankhamun.
Time becomes so dreadful that even I can share the pain.
A faint voice drags me back to the reality.
“O generous time! Why you take away those innocent souls
and worsen the grief from the past through your cruel fist!
“O generous time! How you make great empires fall,
and you covered these layers of history with your undying flame!
ThePharaohh now is removed from the cold sheets,
and placed gently in a museum filled with tourists’ laughter.
I realize how a comedy is made up from a tragedy with time.
So I decide to get up from the sand and challenged him:
“Who is the master of living creatures
between you and death?” I cried.
Well the reply from him is simply the tickling of a clock.


Tic toc tic toc tic toc...

No comments:

Post a Comment